Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

True Or False: Christian Music Should Be More Popular?

• Smiley

It seems some fail to grasp the actual definition of "Christian Music". Encompassing not only church music, but other genres within the pop, rock, etc genres as well.

Though I am not a religious person, over the years I've delved into some very good Christian bands of various genres. Take the Christian metal band 'Saint' for instance. They hailed from Salem Oregon USA and played an early 80's heavy metal style similar to that of Judas Priest and other contemporaries of that period.

I have their first three albums on original vinyl (and the debut 12" EP), with their first full length album 'Times End' being my personal favourite.

But to answer your question, False. I think it's level of popularity is where it is for a reason. That being said, if non-religious persons such as myself are capable of discovering these bands, that's all it takes for others to do the same if they feel inclined.

https://youtu.be/l9hHzseliX0

Youtube thumbnail

HELL NO

False.  There's no such thing as should-be with popular music.  It either is or isn't popular, and it's not subject to debate.

False. Popularity is earned.

• Stitch

I'm going to go with Hank on this one. 

Gospel is pretty popular inside churches, especially those with large numbers of African Americans.

False - it showed be banned for being boring.