Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

How do I become vegetarian?

Do I reduce my meat intake slowly over a period of time? Or do I stop everything cold turkey?

Stop eating meat.

It’s very hard, I was vegetarian once and it was hell.

• denise

Your choice,   Personally, I would try the gradual method.

Well the definition of a vegetarian is someone who eats no meat whatsoever. So yes, you'll have to give up meat completely if that's what you want. Including that turkey. You can get your protein from baked beans, eggs, and fake meat. 

Just stop. It's not hard at all.  After just a week or two you'll be glad you did.

• geezer

Whatever works for you.

If you're doing it purely for 'health' reasons then cut out the 'red meat' first .. just cut down on poultry .. and carry on eating fish .. for now.

If you're doing it for 'moral' reasons then it has to be 'cold turkey' .. an animal is an animal after all !

You stop eating meat and meat products. Not exactly difficult these days!

Any drastic changes need to be researched. If you suddenly give up meat, make sure you replace the essentials you get from animal products. You won't need the same volumes, as converting animal flesh is inefficient, but do eat a handful of almonds most days, and some walnuts and other nuts. Also green vegetables. But do look it up!

Good Luck!

• Anton

You don't need to go vegetarian -- just go about 85% to 90% non-meat.  

Reduce your portions from 8 ounces of meat to 3 or 4 ounces of meat.