Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 month ago

If someone has back pain, what medical specialty should the person seek to get treatment?

Is it Orthopedics?

2 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    In my experience (47 years in medicine) I believe that most providers do not know how to take a history, or do a physical exam for back pain symptoms.

    If this is the case, ask to see a Physical Medicine and Rehab provider.

  • Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    see your family doctor first, to see if it's skeletal, muscle or nerve related ............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.