Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

I would like to know your thoughts on this. Do you think it’s a good/bad idea?

My fiancée and I are talking about the possibility of having more kids. She has 2 kids from a previous relationship. She has concerns about having children with multiple dads. So she has suggested that she get pregnant by her ex - therefore the baby has the same dad as the other two. She thinks it’s the simplest solution. 

All the kids would be 100% biologically related.

The new baby wouldn’t feel like an outsider. 

The other two kids wouldn’t exclude their new sibling - they wouldn’t be able to say it’s “not really their sibling”.

I can definitely see the positives here. I’m just curious to know what you think. Positives/negatives, etc. Just tell me what you think.

Nice try Chad. But obviously I’m not going to let her sleep with you. I’m not an idiot.

No more kids, she has 2, she's done...she needs to put all her time and effort ibto those 2 children and you the same.

The dead beat dad needs to be tracked down through courts to pay...or move far away so hes not in the equation and you 2 can focus on being parents.

She doesnt want kids by different dad's good...she needs to get fixed...

If you dont want to raise the children she has then find a new girl without children

But overall no more kids

very bad idea...................................

i think its a bad idea

• Carmen

A wise person sees red flags or possible danger signs and protects themselves and those they care about especially a mate. To much trust not a good thing when it involves an ex and having another child together while with someone else. That’s not reasonable or logical because you’re opening up a can of worms so to speak that you might regret later. It doesn’t matter how many kids are born outside another relationship they will be blood related and it’s up to the parents to make sure they not treated differently or feel differently. Kids learn what they are taught or around the negative and positive. Love conquers all it has no boundaries or limitations. Think seriously before you leap or agree with this arrangement because it will have the most effect on you personally. To each their own. Pray for wisdom. 

hey, do you want someone else's kids on your shoulders? how long will you endure?

Run like the wind from her. You think its ok she has sex with her ex?  WTH is wrong with you

• Ian

I know people in your position and if younger children come from a second father then there are rarely any problems.  

Don’t suppose your name is Nick and your fiancée is Sophie by any chance? It’s Chad. Did Sophie tell you I’d only agree if me and her had sex? If we end up having sex, I’m gonna make sure it’s the best night of her life and she comes back to me 😏

Personally, I think it’s a good idea. It clearly makes sense. If she had your biological baby and then the two of you split up, she’d be a single mother of 3 kids with 2 dads. That’s not a good look. There is no down side to her getting pregnant by him. It’ll still be your baby. You’ll be its dad.

• GB

It sounds weird to me. I don't thing your fiancee's kids  will care that they have a half sibling. They are more likely to refer to the baby as their brother or sister.  But that's just my opinion.  I suggest talking to the ex about your plan.