Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 month ago

If UK become republic what would happen to Canada Head of state ?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

What if the UK invaded France just for old time's sake?  What if the Irish took over next week?  What if global warming turned out to be global cooling because someone forgot to carry the 6?  What if you went to an MMA competition and a hockey game broke out?  What if gravity suddenly reversed itself?

Source(s): I'm way better at asking stupid what-if questions than you are.
  • 4 weeks ago

That i9s the Choice of Canada

• S
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

nothing..........................................

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I see our anonymous monarchy troll is still around so I will be anonymous as well.  Legally speaking for Canada nothing, the Canadian Royal Family is through the ancestors and descendants of Queen Elizabeth of Canada and would not change without government action.  Personally the type of government we currently have is not only stable but less expensive to run than a Republic like you find in the US so why change what is not broken.

As for the UK, I find it hard to believe that they are stupid enough to put in place a government that is not only less stable but more expensive to run and does not come with the economic benefits of having a Royal Family through the tourist industry they encourage.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • The UK has not indicated any desire to change.  

• 1 month ago

If this were asked in Politics or Royalty, where it should be, as it is NOT a Travel question, I might have answered it.

• Ludwig
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

UK will not become republic.  We tried that, back in about 1645 when we let some religious nut take over the country.  It turned out to be a bad idea, and we went back to being a monarchy.  Interestingly, the USA also had a revolt some years later and ended up putting religious nuts in power, and that has also turned out to be a bad idea, but they have not been able to get a monarchy back.  They could apply to join Canada, many other people from all over the world (China mostly) have done the same thing.

• 1 month ago

more more more white people thats all

• 1 month ago

we'll find out if that ever happens

• opurt
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Canada's head of state wouldn't change until the Canadian government did something about it. What the UK decides to do doesn't directly affect Canada at all.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.