Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Can your dentist see that you've been throwing up?

For the past four days I've been throwing up a lot and I haven't told my parents. (I have a problem with asking for help) But, I'm worried if this health issue continues, when I go to the dentist they'll think I'm bulimic, which I'm not. What can I do??

• Petter

They can if you are bulimic. If you are not, they can't see it, because it isn't there and four days of vomiting simply doesn't cut it. You have to throw up, repeatedly for several months or even years before that happen.

Cancel your appointment. You don't have to tell them why.

It's impossible for the dentist to work on your without being exposed to whatever you've got at some level, despite masks and gloves. They are for *your* protection, not the dentist's.

For the record, the dental evidence of bulimia wouldn't show after only a few days.

But still, don't go to the dentist. Reschedule.

You are sick with something and still want to go to the dentist? Why? Go to the hospital first get that all figured out and then go to the dentist. Don't give the dentist your disease