Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

If someone lost their arm, would they get a disability pension? ?

Or would they have to still work and just put up with having only 1 arm?

• It depends. If you're only trained in work that requires you to use our arm/two arms, you will get a pension in the US, not sure in other countries.  

i think you can get it for that

• BJJ

I lost two fingers in an industrial accident many years ago and i get an " Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit " . Its a weekly or monthly payment for life .

I won't tell you how much I get but I think a loss of an arm would be a greater payment 

But after saying that I think I would rather not lose the arm 

• Kerri

Depends on that someone lost the arm.  If it was during work, Worker's Compensation insurance provides disability.  If it was from an accident, liability insurance will provide compensation (though not a pension).  If that someone has disability insurance, that policy could kick in.  If that someone has no insurance and just decides one day to hack his arm off, no, there is no pension available.