Is a 30 minute interview a good or bad sign?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

At the end of the interview (of any length) you should have been informed of the next steps.  You, yourself should follow up afterward with a short note thanking them for the interview.  I can make a brief recap of how your qualifications are a good fit for the job.  Then ask what the next step is.  It is a good sign they haven't ruled you out yet.

• L
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

It all depends on the job/position and what the employer is looking for.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, it is surely a good interview. If an interview is half an hour-long, then it is long enough to get selected. Hiring managers usually schedule a half-hour interview for a candidate they want to hire. If you lasted the full 30 minutes, you know that you answered the questions well.

• 4 weeks ago

It's only good in that they are considering you. Not everyone gets offered an interview.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

First, second or third ? I've had some run 45 minutes, where they only had 1 round of interviews. Did the conversation move long, or did it go round and round on a single or small number of subjects ?

• 1 month ago

generally speaking, the duration of an interview is not that important.  Also generally speaking, you should have a gut feeling that your interview went well.  Since you are asking this question that suggests maybe it did not go so well.  Sorry.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Neither means you're either the person, chosen or not.

• 1 month ago

That depends. If your interview was 30 minutes and someone else's at the same place was longer, then it's probably not such a good sign. But for most jobs, it's probably okay. Most interviews are about that long. It really depends on the job. 

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would say that's typical.  especially if it's a phone interview.  but even in person i would say that's average.  my interviews i've done have ranged from 15 min to half a day with various people at once.  

• 1 month ago

There are no signs, even when they say you got it. The sign you got it is when you start.

• 1 month ago

30 minutes seems like a reasonably good length for an interview, I think. I would say it's a good sign.

If you were not the employee that they were looking for, they could have said "thankyou, goodbye" after 10 minutes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.