Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Insn't it a fact that more people are testing positive for C-19 because more people are being tested and not because infection is increasing?

Update:

It seems so high in the UK because the UK is doing more tests that anyone else in Europe so it will get more positive results.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Coronavirus is no worse than the flu for the vast majority of people and only the very old or sick are at risk of dying from it. There's a hidden agenda here.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hospital wards are getting busy again:

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/coronavirus/4026357-n...

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Both could easily be true. The more you test, the more you'll find. The more cases there are, the more you'll find.  The populations and areas that the majority of test are in , also impact the numbers. As well as the criteria required for one getting tested.

• JASON
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Absolutely. And there accuracy is in doubt. I heard the labour Shadow health secretary say on the radio this morning that one death by covid is too much. What about all the people dying of everything else because there is no screening or operations or suicide, due to everything being on hold? Why do we not hear on mainstream media about these objections? Is it properly reporting of facts if these objections are ignored? Another man in Devon I think, was told there had been one death there today and he said it was too much. You cannot protect all the old and ill people in the world forever. We're just slowing down what will eventually happen, and destroying the world as we do it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most of the positive tests are inaccurate anyway you can't trust them. If people stopped having tests when they haven't even got Covid the figures would go down immediately. This test is showing positive even if you have the common cold.

• 1 month ago

I suspect that there is a rise in positive test percentages - it seems it is spreading quickly amongs under 35's

People have to work and be educated - but what I blame are the unnecessary luxuries of foreign holidays and drinking in pubs - totally not even needed!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If the infections weren't increasing more tests would be negative.

• 1 month ago

Yes it's mainly due to more tests being available.  However, the increase in Hospital admissions and deaths due to Covid, hasn't anything to do with more tests.  It's very clear that many people in the UK have forgotten that Covid exists!  Just walk through any shopping area or visit a Ticket machine in your local Train Station and you'll see people merrily buying their tickets only 1 cm away from other's also buying their tickets.  Joggers running past people on narrow walk ways, people standing next to others, waiting to cross roads, people in Supermarkets, carrying on as if they've never heard of Covid.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Infection is obviously increasing, but still at an early stage. Original stats are said to be well below the true numbers, because of limited or no testing. Hospital admissions here in UK are currently increasing. In Marseilles, France the hospitals are almost filled to capacity. Many countries around the world are reporting significant spikes.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ha! "C-19" sounds so trendy. It took me a minute to figure out what you meant.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.