If you quit showing up to work at Walmart can you be rehired again or at Sam’s Club?  I know that’s not good to do?

I used to work at Walmart and got another job and stopped showing up.  It was 3 years ago, and the job I quit Walmart for is gone now because of COVID so I’m trying to find a job quick.  Please give answers and not “Well don’t do that.”  Obviously I know that was not smart to do.

The only ******* way you will know is to try it dude. But many places have a "do not rehire" list. 

Why would you want to go back to a job you quit?  I'm sure nothing has changed.  It's the exact same bullsh*t it's always been.  Besides, you're supposed to move forward in life and your "career" not backwards.  

so you quit and didnt not give any kind of notice????

i doubt it. most jobs if you stop showing up and they called that insubordination  and therefore fired.

no i dont think you can be rehired

• Eva

A no show, no call quit automatically bars you from re-hire. That's an extremely rude thing to do to an employer, no matter how much you hate your job.

• Sandy

stop trippin'! In this pandemic climate, they aren't going to investigate people. Almost everybody has lost their previous job. Put the Walmart job on the resume so they know you have experience. and just tell them why you can't use anybody there as a reference. then just own the interview and you'll be hired. good luck.

It’s not like you have anything to lose by applying, so you might as well go ahead and try.  Not hearing back from them is the outcome you should be expecting though.  

• Scott

I wouldn't even consider rehiring you if you ghosted me and just stopped showing up like that. It's possible Wal-Mart won't either. 

I’m not going to lecture you, believe it or not a lot of people just stop showing up to work it’s very common.  It depends on your state and hiring manager.  As far as I’m aware of yes after a year they will rehire you.  Walmart has a high turnover rate so a lot of them have to rehire people they generally would not because they’ve already gone through the pool of people to hire.  It would be up to the hiring manager as well and if your state is an at will state.  The application for Sams and Walmart also asks for if you are a prior employee so they should be checking on that prior to contacting you.  If you get a denial after applying I’d assume no you are not rehireable but if they contact you for an interview you should be.  Best of luck, things are crazy right now.  At least you’re wanting to work.