Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

What if you accidentally look at child pornography on the internet?

I was just browsing and I stumbled across some.  I mean, I'm not sure if it was or wasn't, but man, those girls looked young.

• Aiden

www.iwf.org.uk

Report it and don't search for it again.

If it's just a young looking legal lady then nothing will happen. If it's illegal child porn then they will get a court order to remove the page and perhaps take down the host. 

The important thing is that after you've reported it, that you don't go back to it or you don't search for things that might possibly bring you back to that page. You can very well be charged for a crime if the police have reason to suspect that you were intentionally viewing child porn and your search history will work against you on that one. So don't give them any reason to believe you were viewing it intentionally is all I'm saying.

I'm sure it'll be fine. The majority of reported cases of child porn turn out to be legal aged men/women. And I doubt they'll suspect you were intentionally viewing it. But it's still best to remove any doubt just in case the worst happens.

• Ana

EDIT: and reporting it is a terrible idea. The other answerer is lying to you dude. Viewing it- intentionally or not- is still a crime. The police do not care to help you. Their job is literally to arrest people. That’s what they do. The less contact with them the better. If you report this to them, the first person they’ll arrest is YOU. 

I’m all in support of blue lives matter, and I’m all for not resisting cops... BUT that doesn’t mean pretending that cops will benefit YOU by talking to them. Cops do good by arresting bad guys- but sometimes they arrest GOOD GUYS, especially with internet porn sex crimes. Do not call them at all. Just delete it and factory restart your computer 

======

Delete it, wipe and reboot your computer to factory settings, and if you happen to be rich and can afford it, it’d be in your best interest to just throw your computer deep in the Atlantic Ocean and start over (after wiping it and smashing it into a million pieces). 

Many guys on the news get busted for this exact thing. Randomly the Feds burst in your house and seize your computer bcuz you saw it one time. Even if you didn’t know... you can still be busted