Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Can I travel to the USA?

Hi everyone, 

I’m Italian American and I’ve been stuck in Italy since March and I haven’t seen my family in like 7 months. They’re in New York and I’d like to know if there’s any chance I could go there and stay with them, sooo can/should I travel to the USA?

Despite the common belief, air travel between the USA and Europe never stopped.  However, you need to be a US citizen with a valid US passport to enter the USA without having a real visa (not an ESTA). 

I believe that if you're traveling on a US passport you can enter the US. But you couldn't if you're using your Italian passport. No nation is banning its own citizens. 

You cannot get back to Italy! That's definite - no entry from US. So you're not going to be able to use ESTA since you cannot go home on time. Even if the US would let you in (don't count on it), you're in huge trouble. Not the right time to play tourist.

• Maxi

The US say no, they have banned tourists from the EU, it is not essential travel

Nope - there is no option currently to travel to the US just to visit some people.