Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 1 month ago

(UK)Does Anyone Have Any Experience With Laser Eye Surgery?

Where did you get it done

How much did it cost 

What was the result? Did it work for you or not? 

Thank you 

Don't bother with it - it's too risky - buy cheap reading spectacles.

• pmt853

Where - Cardiff

How much - I think it was £1400 for one eye with a £250 discount because they failed to book me in first time

Did it work - yes, I'm very pleased with the result.

I investigated it but as I was a very high prescription found it wasn't recommended, so you need to check that out. In the meantime with all the consultations it was noticed that I had cataracts forming. I had the old lenses removed by ultrasound on the NHS and after the replacements were inserted I no longer needed glasses (hurrah) except for reading (meh). No regrets, although I did have retinal detachments after (stuck back on with laser) but that was a function of the high prescription rather than the surgery. I know many who have had laser surgery and have been pleased with the results, and the saving on spectacles/contact lenses makes it an economic proposition for most people.

I had it done several years ago; it was scary but painless and easy, and I haven't needed glasses since.

Both parents have since had theirs done, no problems (other than recalibrating)