Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can get some sleep? ?

I'm a 27 year old woman with an anxiety disorder and I haven't been able to sleep very much for two nights now which is making the anxiety and panic attacks worse which keep me awake and it's a vicious cycle. Any suggestions on how I can sleep? 

Try anxiety medication or tune into the beginning of a Joe Biden speech.

Start reading the Proverbs in the Holy Bible until you feel sleepy.  While reading ask Jesus to give you a good night's sleep.

• Try Yoga and physical exercise. The combination of these two helped me overcome my depression. It really worked for me.And you don't have to do too much either - you can google a few Yoga postures(especially suryanamaskar),20 minutes of that and a few minutes of jogging or any other intensive exercise should work.

All the best.

Anxiety often manifests by an inability to sleep. And you're absolutely right--it's a cycle of behaviors that are hard to stop once it begins. 

I heard about a therapy recently that can help called Bright LIght therapy. It involves a bright light, no drugs, not expensive.  Why not google it for information?

Anxiety can stop you sleeping. Its the reason I say on my medication otherwise I would not get any sleep. Visit the dr and tell of your anxiety and problems sleeping. I am sure u can be helped. Doing some physical activity eg golf/tennis/fast walking may help u relax as well.

Exercise and physical activity are great ways to burn off anxiety.  Try walking and working out hard, any time up to 3 hours before bed.  Also, a hot shower 1/2 hour before bed helps some people.  Also some say sex is a good way to rid yourself of anxiety.

Melatonin, as much as you need to for it to keep you asleep. Some meditation and soothing music half hour to 45 minutes before bed, try visualizing being in the Caribbean water or driving an exotic car. Those are all dreams to have and these tips should help very much. 

Did your PCP not prescribe anything for your anxiety disorder? That is generally standard

Source(s): nurse

I listen to music. I prefer the YouTube channel Soothing Relaxation  It has a variety of calming music. 

Schedule a follow-up visit with the mental health professional that is treating your anxiety disorder and show them what you have written here when they ask what brings you in today.  They can evaluate your current mental state, your current treatment plan, and see what changes may need to be made to help you.  They may also refer you to a sleep specialist who can evaluate they way you sleep.  They may also suggest you visit your Primary care doctor to see if any medical conditions need to be addressed.