Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 month ago

Why do thin black bugs walk around my mattress?

They are on top of the bed where I lay. I look to the exposed bed when I have my sheets washing and drying and see thin, small black bugs or insects crawling around/walking. I kill them in an instant. I can easily squish them.

They are not bed bugs, but there are a lot of them on my bed that occur at different times of the day. I usually see one or two.

They are small not so visible to the naked eye. They also go to my bathroom and on the sink. They just go on top of my sink surface where the faucet is or inside the sink bowl. Should I be concerned? Are they harmful to humans and possibly deadly?

THANK YOU so much!💓

Hi, I’m not trying to offend anyone.

That’s their color. They’re not red or brownish. I’m glad they don’t look like how bed bugs do... I’m hoping they are not bed bugs either way

If I were to estimate their size—the size of a small grain of rice. Are fruit fly larvae thin and small? I’ll look them up in case. Thanks

I’m sorry to hear that. Also, I looked it up and no, these bugs aren’t yellow or wormlike in a sense. I didn’t have a fly in my room recently. I dont remember seeing bugs in the garbage can either, but thanks for trying to help:)

From your description, it sounds like they might be drain flies, family Psychodidae.

Hey, that's cruel. BLACK BUGS MATTER!!!

Okay, in all seriousness, are you sure they're not fruit flies? I have fruit flies in my house and they linger around the garbage can and the sinks. They're really small and they look black.