Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Why don't we get a notification when someone gets best answer for a question we answered?

We used to get notifications for that

I'm curious to know the reasoning for that, too.

I have found that if you click the "Save" button, you will get a notification when a Favorite Answer is chosen even if it's not yours. It will also show up in your Followed Questions.

• mom

yahoo stopped that a while back. even when we report someone, yahoo does not always delete their question or answer

Yahoo pretty much gave up on notifications of all kinds. 

I guess the one overworked chimp just couldn't handle the workload anymore. 

• Zirp

I remember no such notification.

I do remember notifications every time someone added an answer to any question I answered. What were they thinking when they introduced THAT?

• .

Because that was removed, along with other types of notifications. It's certainly not a very important one. I can't imagine personally wanting to be notified every time EVERY question I posted an answer to, had an FA selected. 

• Daniel

I think they Discontinued that im not Positive tho but thats my Guessing tho Yahoo has been making a lot of changes lately 

• SOT3

It may work if you use the mobile version. Notifications on the desktop version have been weird for a while.