OK atheists, prove that the earth is a ball shape?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • Leo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I can't force you to think.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Atheists would prove this the same way theists would - by showing you a photograph of it.

• 1 month ago

Hhhmmmm....... sounds like you are pretty familiar with them 'ball' shapes........

• 1 month ago

Sorry, I am out of troll food

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's almost self-evident that the earth is ball-shaped; specifically, it has the shape of a football.  Just climb any hill near the ocean and look out over the water.  You'll notice that more area is visible to the right and left than is visible looking straight ahead.  That is exactly the result that would be expected from a football-shaped earth.  Thank you.

Signed,

Ph.D. scientist

• 1 month ago

If you have ever navigated the earth, you would soon realize the earth is spherical, especially when navigating at high altitudes where you can actually see the curvature.

• 1 month ago

Go do it for yourself.

Get four people in places at least 2000 miles apart to measure the elevation and direction of the Sun at the same time.

The only shape that those coordinates will map onto is a sphere.

Find a spot on the ocean where there is a 90 degree view of the ocean, and a high tower (like a lighthouse.    Have two people sail boats into the distance on courses 90 degrees apart.   Have a person at the bottom of the tower record when they disappear from sight.  Have a person at the top of the tower record when they disappear from sight.    

This will prove that the Earth is curved in two directions - which means it is "ball shaped".

If you have no friends -  - then get a weather balloon that can get to >>50,000 ft.   Attach a camera to it with a wide-angle lens - if you do not have a camera with a good rectilinear wide angle lens, then have the camera look though a piece of Perspex with grid lines drawn on it for reference.   Make sure that your camera will keep working at -50C temperatures, (i.e. put it in an insulated box with a heater)  and you have a way to bring it back to Earth safely. (typically a parachute)

Set the camera to take a picture a second, and launch it.    When it reaches sufficient height you will be able to discern the curvature of the horizon in the pictures.  The camera will probably spin, so you will get lots of pictures in different directions, each showing the same curvature.

This only fits to a spherical Earth.

• 1 month ago

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Attachment image
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

ANYBODY (atheist or not)  who lives near the sea or on a plain can SEE the curvature of Earth.

• I'm just going to watch and laugh. HAha. Idiot. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.