Can I have a car towed thats in my designated spot at a condo?

I am the president of a condo associaiton wtih a unit that I rent. About 2 years ago, the past president assigned parking. Thus, I have a spot reserved for my unit.

I often dont' use it, as I don't live there, but leave it for me tenant to use and use it as needed when I stop by--which has been frequent due to storm damage.

Anyway, we have a very unpleasant owner who hates the whole assigned parking (which her father, the past president) put in--and parked in my spot today while her spot was slightly infringed on by a truck from a roofing company.

I will politiely ask her to move within a few days. She wont' react well. Can I have her towed? Can I call the police?

I live in Iowa. 

I moved out in April. The tenant is my dad, who did not give permission. Spot is marked as my unit on fenclline and ground. 

"Your" company...no I'm a president with a thankless job trying to help us dig out of a storm. We're in Iowa. Volunteer position. 

Do you have towing signs posted?  In order to tow, you must have signs posted.  If yes, then by all means tow her if she doesn't move.

Can you have the car towed? Sure--but should you? That's not clear. Apparently there is bad blood between you and the owner--which you COULD mediate by allowing the parking once, but leaving a note about the designated spot being yours and not hers--something like "I see you are parked in my designated spot--it's okay today, but please refrain from parking there in the future, or seek permission first. Thank you."  

I wouldn't get police involved unless there is repeated, and hostile or violent pushback from this. They aren't parking lot attendants--and they're working overtime these days. Be generous and sensible here. No need to make a federal case over a parking spot unless it makes life for your tenant very difficult. 

Some states will allow the landlord to have a tow truck remove it and other states will only allow the police to have it towed.  Ask your local police, or you can call a tow company and ask them to do it.  If they won't, then the police will handle it.

Yes, you can have her towed.

It can be towed 

Is there an HOA by-law that speaks to specific parking behavior and this person is in violation?  If no, then the matter is closed. If yes...

Is there signage on each and every 'designated' space that indicates who may park in that space, and the name and contact information of the designated towing company if parked there illegally?

If not, then no, and the matter is closed.

And when the truck moves maybe she will move her car back. You are just a big dick.

You don't live there but you are the condo association president?

Something wrong with your bylaws.

You don't live there... why would you ever park in the parking spot for our unit.  That is for your tenant.

You have no idea if your tenant gave the person permission to park there.

Why would a condo association elect a non-resident as their president?

-- idiots?  Or you were the only one willing to take the job?

in response to the comments:

- why are you going all "I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart".  = this is an elected position, not an appointed position. 

numbered spaces ( painted on the ground) are adequate signage as to who is assigned that space

usually, there is no requirement for an HOA board member to live in the HOA, they just need to be an owner.

its the president's job to know how to deal with parking issues, if you don't know, we can't tell you...

no it is not a police matter.  i assume the roofing truck will move by the end of the day and she will be able to move.

as president, you need to deal with the roofing company blocking the parking space.  it is unfair for you to tow a resident because your contractor parked like an a h.

you need to look at what your rule book says about parking infractions...if there is nothing, you can't tow.

if you have provisions for towing, typically you need signage posted and have  to have a contract with a private tow company, that you call to move the vehicle. 

it would be a good idea to give PD a heads up in case she reports it stolen...it may be possible that you have to clear the tow with PD 1st.

you do need to verify the tenant did not give permission for the other person to park there...

in my HOA, only RESIDENTS are allowed to park in the lot, but since spaces are assigned, that is usually not enforced and residents give permission for visitors to use the spot.