Ljj505
Ljj505 asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How do you cope with the silent treatment?

Silent treatment is about as loud a statement that can be made by people trying to convey something to someone.  Listen to it and learn.  It's meaning is even louder.  

Enjoy it! It means nobody is hassling you at the moment.

Arghhh I hate the silent treatment! For minutes I would call out my moms name and she would completely ignore me and continue what she as doing as if I wasn't there. It's quite literally like talking to a brick wall, just as my Dad always said. Now as an adult I sometimes do the same but I at least answer before it becomes a minute.

• bj_dj

Pretend you can't notice the difference and just keep being nice...

I just went on with my life as if the person wasn't there. It's only when you focus on it that it gets to you.

• Dick

I ignore them                                  

• Sathi

I'd go about my normal routine. If I show that it doesn't bother me, it'll drive them crazy. They want to see you crawl back. I won't give them the satisfaction.

• Jesere

Don't allow the intended guilt trip to affect you. Go do something you like to do.

I do the same.

No one can outdo me.

Due to my Alien Identity I am not having friends in the human realm, so it works out to my benefit because I still get all the luxuries in life, and maybe more...