Ljj505
Lv 4
Ljj505 asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How do you cope with the silent treatment?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Silent treatment is about as loud a statement that can be made by people trying to convey something to someone.  Listen to it and learn.  It's meaning is even louder.  

• 4 weeks ago

Enjoy it! It means nobody is hassling you at the moment.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Arghhh I hate the silent treatment! For minutes I would call out my moms name and she would completely ignore me and continue what she as doing as if I wasn't there. It's quite literally like talking to a brick wall, just as my Dad always said. Now as an adult I sometimes do the same but I at least answer before it becomes a minute.

• bj_dj
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Pretend you can't notice the difference and just keep being nice...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I just went on with my life as if the person wasn't there. It's only when you focus on it that it gets to you.

• Dick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I ignore them                                  

• Sathi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'd go about my normal routine. If I show that it doesn't bother me, it'll drive them crazy. They want to see you crawl back. I won't give them the satisfaction.

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Don't allow the intended guilt trip to affect you. Go do something you like to do.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I do the same.

No one can outdo me.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Due to my Alien Identity I am not having friends in the human realm, so it works out to my benefit because I still get all the luxuries in life, and maybe more...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.