How to buy your first car?

I've never driven car or have anyone I know that owns a car, how do you buy a first car? thanks. 

i would go on cargurus 

Go to the phone book or use the internet to find a driving school! Often they provide cars with an instructor and will teach you how to drive. This will also provide the paper work you need to get a drivers license. Often they stick with a student through getting a license (meaning will allow you to use the company car to take the driving test in).

There is no reason to go any further till you get a license to drive. You can not get insurance with out a drivers license, with out insurance you can not finance a car. Before buying a car- you will need to test drive it even if paying cash.

My first car my dad financed and I paid it off. So a co-signer is needed for financing unless you have a credit rating that will let you finance one.

Now several cars I have owned have been cash transactions. But that was when I could buy a running car for less then 1000 dollars. Now a running car is going to run at least 2000 dollars and one that should be trouble free can easily run 5000 dollars.

So start saving- it will take money to get through drivers ed and more to get a car.

First, learn to drive, get a license and save your money. Took me years of minimum wage jobs to be able to buy my first POS.

• CB

The principle is the exact same as buying your first can of peaches. Buying and driving are two different things - but there is nothing stopping you from going into a dealer, plopping down a big sack of cash and purchasing a car.

But if you have never driven - the real question is WHY would you buy a car?

I went to the car lot with money.  Gave them the money and they gave me the key.  

Got as far as the 1st intersection without any drama.

'

Take driving lessons first and worry about the car later.

• Eva

You don't buy one until you've already learned to drive.

• y

First you get your licenses to drive, then worry about the car.