I cannot get my printer to work on my computer.  It will not let me make it the default printer. Help please would be appreciated. Thank you?

Did you install the printer driver on your computer? Every printer should be provided with a CD.

Buy another new printer that is not one of those cheap throwaway tech gadgets.

• Lv 7

go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers

right-click your printer of choice

click Set As Default

it should put a green checkmark by it. if not, it is probably already the default.

keep in mind that Chrome will ignore this setting.

• Rayal

No OS information provided no way of answering fully.

Reinstall all the software that came with your printer (or download and install the latest).

Use USB to connect your printer and use the printer pane to see if your printer is available and then you can make it the default.  

Windows 10 does make the last printer used the default.  

• David

Windows 10 defaults to the last printer used, print a test document selecting the printer you want as default, next time you want to print it will automatically be selected.

Start

Device and printers

Look for your printer icon, right click on it and select "Set as default Printer"

Try clearing the printer's cache, and unplug it and plug it back in. see if that work's