Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Does green tea aid in weight loss?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

@Alice- That's a dumb answer. Think about it. For the average person that would be nearly a pound every two days or 3.5 pounds in a week. So, you're saying someone could lose 100 pounds in about 6 months JUST by drinking tea? Without any diet or exercise? Come on. That's just dumb. 

• 1 month ago

I've read that it increases your calorie expendenture a little bit and that it will help you burn ninety more calories. But it's also mostly diet 80 percent diet and 20 percent exercise meaning you need a healthy diet 80 percent of the time and eat what you want but in moderation 20 percent of the time. A lot of people don't wanna believe that but that's what it takes meaning at the least you should work out at least three times a week to see results with working out.

• 1 month ago

no that just means that you will caught that virus because chineese people eat that stuff and that is where it comes from and they gross

• 1 month ago

I don't know about green tea, since I have never had it. But if you are really looking for a quick and easy weight loss treatment, then I would suggest having hot water 3 times a day with half-cut lemon in it. Believe me, you will see the change.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Green tea helps to boost metabolism by approximately 50 percent. It also burns the fat within the tummy since it's a fat-burning.

It stimulates the nervous system which signals the body to break down the fat cells and use them as a source of energy as against glycogen

Lv 7
    1 month ago

It has a slight (very slight) metabolism boosting effect, but no significant impact. Some people find drinking tea, coffee, or water helps them feel full so they consume fewer calories, so in that way those beverages can help with fat loss (provided people aren't adding flavorings to those beverages that add a lot of calories to them). 

• 1 month ago

As far as ANYTHING with a bunch of caffeine being a stimulant and increasing metabolism, yes.

• 1 month ago

Really mostly to the extent that you drink that instead of higher calories options.  Green tea can have a slight impact on metabolism and fat burning due to the combined effect of the caffeine and the EGCG.  

Most studies use green tea extract rather than just tea, but the studies do show an increase in fat loss over, say a 3 month period.  That noted, the effect is minimal.  You can't overeat and eat a lot of processed carbohydrates and sugar and expect a couple of cups of tea to melt your excess fat.

Weight loss is 80% diet and creating a calorie deficit. Adopt a healthy, low-carb, low-processed food, calorie-deficit diet and include a couple cups of green tea a day as well. 

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/green-tea-and...

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is better than drinking a sugary drink.

• IOM
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Green tea is said to be good for weight loss as it helps in making the body's metabolism more efficient. It has catechin flavonoid, which is an antioxidant and boosts metabolism.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.