Who do you goto when Walmart managers aren’t doing anything when being harassed ?

My wife has been harassed at work by a man who has night shift. She is 22 and the man is more middle aged. She is day shift, and the issue is about some things not being done. She is maintenance and they don’t have enough maintenance personnel to complete everything in the day. She is not a manager or supervisor. This second incident had the man corner her in the back while he was off duty and said “I have all day I’m off” and “who do you think they’ll believe me or you?” She was off for three days and just came back to work today. She also called for a manager over the radio multiple times and nothing happened. She managed to get out of the corner and find managers which they replied “why didn’t you just walk away” She would quit but she needs the job.  This is the second time this has happened and also the second time it’s been reported but before it didn’t escalate this far. I’m starting to escort her in the morning when they change shifts which is sad. I’m worried that will escalate even further to physical contact. I can only email Walmart’s corporate and they don’t respond. Who does she need to talk to if none of the managers figure this out and even the store manager brushes her off because she is young. Is there anything I can do or contact somebody regarding this. I’m going to school and work part time and we have 2 kids and that’s why she needs this job. Please let me know if any of you know what to do.

Thanks to everyone who responded. The man has been reprimanded. To the guy who said she was making it up you are apart of the problem lol

• Jay

She needs to complain.  When you complain they go ..."oh that's just her husband, he doesn't work here, he's just making a big thing.'

If she complains..it is an employee making the complaint and they will have to pay attention...even if it takes 3 or 4 complaints.

What you can do in the mean time is look the guy up on social media.  See what his 'thing' is.  You can probably even pull up police records or other complaints....you know those ads that say 'Type In anyone's name ..."  yeah...those....it will cost you $24.99 but you should be able to find out if he has a record...if he is a sex offender..etc.  With that information...your wife can make a better complaint.

She should also start talking to  other co-workers.  ("Hey Zthyg, you know that guy who works nights?  Yeah Him...has he ever cornered you and.....") (Hi, Mbgfw, how was your day off?  You know that guy who works nights...yeah HIM!   Does he make you uncomfortable when he....")  That way she can get feedback from other employees and that will help collaborate her story...especially if other people feel he is a creep and he has bothered them also.

Call the police and meet them and him in the parking lot after his shift. Have them give him a friendly talking to.

You need a witness.  You have a friend or two who can go into the store and hang around doing light shopping and observe/record the B*st*rd?  Can your wife record it?

At the very least she needs to keep a little written journal of the times...what was said...the date...

Example :  Mon - 9/14 - 4:45pm... Z said I was a ****  Mon 9/14 5:05pm Z grabbed my rear end.  Tues - 9/15 - 4:50pm Z said he would slap me if he saw another pizza can

"I can only email Walmart’s corporate and they don’t respond. "

- Do you have a job?  How would it be if your wife called your company about HR issues?  Do you think her's would be different?

"Who does she need to talk to if none of the managers figure this out and even the store manager brushes her off because she is young"

- if they brush her off, you have no idea the reason.

If your wife would like to make a formal complaint, then she can do that.

It's not your battle to fight on her behalf.

"This is the second time this has happened and also the second time it’s been reported but before it didn’t escalate this far. "

- based on how little the managers are doing-- I wouldn't be sure that you are getting the full story.

You are doing a great job escorting her. We had an older man at our work harrasing a young lady and he backed her into a corner and she was so frightened. Eventually the man ended up following her home and stalking her in his car. When the managers were informed of what happened the man was fired. If they aren't going to do anything about this I recommend she find a new job before the situation gets worse. There are plenty of other walmarts to work at and hopefully the next one will not have that type of crazy