Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 month ago

Are 6 inch mattresses at all comfortable?

I just moved into a new apartment. The last couple of nights I have slept on the floor.  Someone is selling me a queen size 6-in mattress. Are these any good? I assume it's better than sleeping on the floor at least. It's just that I am pressed for money and this is the best I can do right now.

• GF

You can buy a 10"-12" memory foam mattress for cheap $.

People are always giving mattresses away on Craigslist 

What D.E.B.S. said. Just to add, if you're putting the mattress directly on the floor tip it up on its side to air the bottom when you get up in the morning or it will go moldy.  Letting it air for about 1/2 hour a day is enough but you need to raise it as soon as you get up.  Also, since we're heading into fall and winter, if you're cold at night it's better to try adding an extra blanket to sleep on top of before adding another blanket over you.  Some mattresses are like heat vampires!

'6-in mattress' means little.  What it's made out of is relevant

Not really, but it's better than hard concrete. Try it  before you buy it. make sure it has no weird stains.