If an employee of a company causes the death of a customer due to mixed allergens, who is criminally liable? ?

I haven't done anything like this with my new job since I'm being trained for various tasks to ensure I do it in a way that does not affect me, the people working around me and the environment. But who is actually criminally liable if a customer ends up dead because a product had become contaminated with another allergen that was not stated on the product packaging?.

What kind of charges become relevant to such offence?

Would this also violate several company policies?  

What if the employee implied to take full responsibility by signing a contract prior to employment? 

• Favourite answer

A company is liable for the actions of its employees.  In mitigation of a charge of corporate manslaughter, the company would need to show that the employee deliberately acted against company rules and that the company had taken all reasonable steps to prevent such an action.

• Tavy

The Company is at fault, it will be said you need supervision, or they failed to train you.

Your update, not going to happen.

No one is likely criminally liable.  The company would be civilly liable.  

The company, that is one of the benefits of opening one rather than being a sole trader, the company becomes an entity as though it's a person and can be fined, bankrupted, etc.