How difficult is it to be come fluent in 2 completely unrelated foreign languages?

How hard is it to become fluent in Mandarin Chinese and also for example Russian, if you're native language is English. Or something like Arabic and also Korean

Anybody would be lying if they said it was easy. It can be done, but it would take a LOT of time and effort. So it comes down to how much you really want to do it.

Too many factors. 

But do keep in mind all the languages in your question, other than English, have a different

writing system than ours. Unless you know it well, fluency will be very difficult. I know from  personal experience as my spoken Japanese is descent, however can't read or write kanji.

ps: " your " native language, not you're.

You can follow these simple steps to Improve English Speaking-

1-Part of Speech

2- The English Tense System

3- Learn Phrases

4- Tongue Twisters

5- Try to Reading Novel, In this way you will learn real spoken language.

6- Synonyms

7- Antonyms

8- Number Homophones

9. Vocabulary Word

10. Participate in English conversations

11- Learn Most Common Grammatical Mistakes

12- Learn Most Common Incorrectly Used Words

You can Download Android Application in Google Play for Speak English Fluently - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com....

13- Do Individual Learning

14- Do Group Learning

15- Watch English Movies and Songs

16- Make handy paper slips

17- Take Help from best friend/relative

18- Pronunciation Tips

19- Do not translate in your native language - Think in English only

20- Practice, Practice and Practice

21- Use gestures: These include gestures with your hands and face. Make your whole body talk.

22- Speak in front of mirror

23- Participate in English conversations: Listen, talk and learn

24- Make eye contact with the person with whom you are talking

25- Read English News Papers

You can Download Android Application in Google Play for Improve English Speaking- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com....

That depends on you and how much foreign language aptitude/talent you have.

• Zirp

Not much more than getting fluent in 2 related languages.

According to the US Foreign Service Institute, the average Anglo needs 2200 hours of class for Arabic, Korean or any type of Chinese. Russian takes 1100.

Be aware that Moroccan Arabic is quite different from Saudi-Arabian

Source(s): I don't speak any of those languages
  • John P

At school I learned French and German, and became reasonably fluent in both. I also learned Latin, but we were not required to speak Latin, except in reading texts in Latin aloud.

I speak, read, and write five languages fluently: my native Urdu, Hindi, French, Spanish, and of course English. Languages are not at all difficult for me, by the grace of Allah the Almighty [glorified and exalted be He].

Almost entirely dependent on combination of following:

* inherit talent for linguistics (and if the subject happens to have some specific talent for one particular type of language so much the better),

* time allotment for the endevour,

* style of learning that suits the person and style that is the learning offered through (as in if there is a clash it may lengthen the time it takes to learn - i learn realy badly through static means but learn rather well through actuall interpersonal means which means i was appalling at school)

* and offcourse environment / tutor - how well the teacher gels with the learner (and misc. motivational reasons both for and against).

My reasoning being that it took me good 10 years to grasp English well but i now think in it whenever is peak or type in it, but i was very young. every single time i've attempted to learn any other language i failed more miserably than before because i am dumb as fk.and lazy, and those were not even languages too different from English.

Not very, if you have the motivation. Without the motivation, it can seem impossible.