Jailed for no mask?

Could I end up in handcuffs and jail for not wearing a mask?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

NO American city/town/county or state has a LEGAL LAW against wearing or not wearing a mask!!!!!!!!!  They only have a mandate or a request and nothing else.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

unlikely.....................

• 1 month ago

For not wearing a mask, probably not.  However if the management or owners of the property issue you a reasonable request to depart the premises and you refuse, you could go to jail for criminal trespass.

• 1 month ago

Why not just catch covid and go around purposely spreading it to as many people as possible, hunting after mostly old folks and babies to "kill" with it just for kicks?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

In most areas it is only a "Mandate" but there is no law behind it. However, in some areas you could get a ticket and a fine.

Although if the Democrats have their way, anyone without a mask can be guilty of 2nd degree murder..so I would watch out.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You might get a fine.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not where I am.

• 1 month ago

Maybe, but why would you put others at risk of catching the virus from you by not wearing a mask?

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends upon where you are.  In an airplane yes.  In some business in certain states, yes.  Check your local listings.  Here is the deal for when you tell me about your "rights"  Your right is that you don't have to go into a private business that requires a mask.  So just be a citizen and obey posted rules, or stay out.  Either way is fine with us all.  But when you go in and start a fight, don't cry even if you leave with two or three fewer teeth.  

• 1 month ago

Depends on the law in your area. Where I am it is possible, but highly unlikely.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.