Book recommendations?

I’m 14 and I LOVE to read. I love Star War, Percy Jackson and Hamilton. I love stories about disabled and lgbtq+ people too. I just have a hard time choosing some. Any suggestions????

Yes I’m sorry. I mean the musical. 

• Prince

Zelazny's Lord of Light is an exciting sweeping story that paints vast landscapes in the imagination. A good movie version of it, if they ever make one, could be great. It's a shame that Roger Zelazny did not live to make movies of his books though, in truth, it would take a truly brilliant filmmaker to do justice to Zelazny. His Nine Princes in Amber would make nearly as powerful a movie and is nearly as good a read. Then there's Marion Zimmer Bradley. Her Darkover novels paint a picture of a fascinating world, although taken individually none of them stood out as great; however, her fairly mediocre treatment of each of the Darkover stories was made up for by the depth of her elaborate vision of that imaginary world. Marion Zimmer Bradley did write one novel which stood out as brilliant and exceptional in quality compared to her other writings and that was The Mists of Avalon. Her sequels to that brilliant book were of the same mediocrity as her Darkover novels and other series of books. But Mists really stood out head and shoulders above the rest. She died young also, around 50 in Berkeley, of a heart attack in the Episcopal Church on Bancroft right off campus. The movie version of Mists, despite having the brilliant Angelica Houston, was just crap. The script was so poor it was definitely a grade B disappointment. But Marion Zimmer Bradley's The Mists of Avalon is a great read. Then there's Dune, which was a crap movie, but the first book in the series is a good read. And Little Big is incredible when you have the intellectual maturity to understand. Anyone who could do justice to Little Big as a movie would transform the world. Then you have your old classics such as Wuthering Heights and your greatest Ancient Classics like Ovid's Metamorphoses and Lucius Apuleius The Golden . . . and of course the enlightening Decamerón of Boccaccio, a Mediaeval classic jolly better than Dante's dreary stories. The great twentieth century trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson, The Illuminatus trilogy. Brilliant and so funny at once, you laugh from the moment you begin to read it until the moment you finish the third book, then grab for the first volume to read again.

Hello by Paramahansa Yogananda The Autobiography of a Yogi is about enlightenment and bliss Yogananda was truly an enlightened master also wrote Towards the Fulfillment of the Self the eternal pursuit of man the Divine Novel to be victorious in life by living without fear because God allows evil and how to rise above It the law of success how to overcome life's challenges how to always be happy how to awaken your true potential Whispers from eternity

These books they wrote from his speeches talks about interesting things about the mind its power, the will God the soul are useful his books also to understand our time

Swami Kriyananda's Path,. how to attract prosperity live wisely live well educate to life change your magnetism change your life by naidhruva rush Crystal clarity editors on the consciousness of solutions

The yugas by Joseph selbie and David steninmtetz Crystal clarity publishischers on Dharma and our time

Green Angel. It's short but very good.

When you say Hamilton do you mean the British SF author Percy Hamilton, the American SF authors Edmund Hamilton or Thomas Wm. Hamilton, or Lynn-Manuel Miranda's Broadway show "Hamilton"?  Sorry if I'm thick, but the name is almost as bad as Smith!  Personally I like the SF all three write, although Edmond's is very old by several decades.

Short Stories But True by Sabino Rosa

is wonderful and you can find it even likes e-book

We read the same books so here's a few I love:

Lockwood and Co- Jonathan Stroud

All for the game- Nora Sakavic (has gay and disabled rep but swear a lot and uses the f and r slur a few times so don't read if you don't like that. Also there's s*xual assult at one point and drug and alcohol misuse but it honestly is such a good series)

Running with lions- Julian Winters (bisexual and gay rep)

Song of Achilles- Madeline Miller

Aristotle and Dantes discover the secrets of the universe- Benjamin Alire Saenz (gay rep)

Trials of Apollo- Rick Riordan (gay, bi, lesbian and poc rep)

The raven boys- Maggie Stiefvater

Carry on- Rainbow Rowell (the writing is awful but I love the characters)

Autoboyography- Christina Lauren (gay and bi rep)

Elysium- Nora Sakavic

Far far away- Tom Mcneal (really underrated book)

Survivor- Tom Hoyle

That's all I can think of but Lockwood and Co and All for the Game are my absolute favourites! 

The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

The Finishing School series by Gail Carriger

The Dread Nation series by Justina Ireland

The Cecelia and Kate novels by Patricia C Wrede and Carolyn Stevermer

You should read the book Wonder! it's by RJ palacio..Heres a description of the book, i think you'll really like it!! Auggie, is an ordinary boy in many ways. He rides a bike and likes playing with his Xbox. But Auggie has deformities of the face and looks very different from other children. At the start of the book, he tells us 'My name is August. I won’t describe what I look like. Whatever you’re thinking, it’s probably worse.' In the street, people look at Auggie and his appearance shocks them.

Auggie has never been to school because he has spent a lot of time in hospital. His mother teaches him at home, but now he’s ten, she thinks he should go to school. At first, Auggie doesn’t want to go. He worries that other students will look at him and say horrible things. But then he visits a school with his mum, he likes the headteacher and decides to go. Auggie’s first year at school has good times and bad times. Auggie makes some good friends but other children are horrible to him. At the end of the year, Auggie goes on a school trip and a frightening event there changes things completely.

• Lomax

My only suggestion is to read widely, and not to neglect the classics (they're classics for a reason...).

However, specific to your request: 

Oranges are Not the Only Fruit  -  Jeanette Winterson

My Left Foot  -  Christy Brown

• Girl

Dystopian novels are a great genre to read. 

A Handmaids Tale is a nice start. You can even watch the adaptation of it, isn’t perfectly accurate to the book but well made.