Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 1 month ago

is it just my area, or are many /most roads in cities in the USA nearly like third world condition? why this is? how long been this way?

I just had to spend some serious money to repair my front steering due to all the pot holes i hit every day on way to work. am i the only one?

WHY ARE TAXES NOT PAYING FOR AT LEAST THE ROADS TO BE REPAIRED REGULARLY? OR REPAVED ACTUALLY?  BETTER THAN SPENDING TRILLIONS ON BS. THAT WE SPENT LATELY?

MOST roads and bridges were built after World War Two in the 1950's and 60's. .They have a design life of about 50 years.

For DECADES officials have not funded the regular maintenance. "If it ain't broke why fix it" was the mantra.

NO ONE wants to pay MORE taxes. It costs money to keep the roads up. The taxpayers through their representatives have decided other things are more important at the moment to spend available funds on.

True it is estimated many TRILLIONS is needed to bring all bridges and roads back to a status of good condition.

I just had to spend some serious money to repair my front steering due to all the pot holes I hit every day on way to work. am I the only one?

NO.

Suggest you slow down and avoid potholes or seek alternate routes to travel on. If you want better roads be prepared to PAY for them. City/Town taxes, county taxes, state taxes, Federal taxes and user Tolls.

The increased taxes you might be charged are probably less than your car repair bill.

Suggest the bridges should be fixed before potholes.if there is not money for both.

https://artbabridgereport.org/

Roads suck in my town/city. Only roads that get updates using federal grants get fixed. Those usually include adding bike lanes or new sidewalks and crossings for kids to walk to school on. The regular streets SUCK.

• Anton

how long been this way?

-- many decades.

why this is? 

-- Americans cry about taxes, refuse to raise the taxes to keep the streets up.  But HEY!!  We have cheap gasoline.

USA nearly like third world condition?

-- we are, as Trump calls it, a shithole country.  We are a third world country, racist, with a leader that does not care about people.

... had to ... repair ... due to all the pot holes i ... am i the only one?

-- There are some klutzes like you.  Good drivers can avoid the pot holes.