Where is the pound sign on a keyboard?

I know the answer should be in a book but I can't find it! I have had a keyboard for a number of years but I have never need the pound sign until now!

• Me2

As you appear to be located in the UK, I presume you want the £ character.  Three methods of using the symbol are (1) copy&paste it from this message; (2) While pressing the ALT key, type 0163 on the numberic keypad, then release ALT; (3) In Microsoft Word or Wordpad, type a3, press ALT, tap the X key, and release ALT.

The # symbol (call it "number sign" to avoid confusion) can be similarly generated — Copy&paste, ALT+35, 23 then ALT+x.

pound sign is not available for all keyboard.

In the US it is usually the upper case 3.

the pound symbol on a Mac should be £ (option 3), or # (shift 3).

What Marvinator said...

Hold down the ALT key and type 0163 on the NUMBER PAD, not the row of numbers on top of the letters. If you have a laptop, some of the letters should have blue numbers on them. Hold down FN and ALT at the same time and press 0163 on the.

Numbers pad on the bottom right side.

search online ... US keyboards do not have it preinstalled ...

Press and hold the Shift Key and press the 3 key, which if you look closely, has the "hashtag" also on it.  (Also known as a pound sign, and Octothorpe)  Not to be confused with the 3 on the Keypad on the far right, you want the 3 Key above the 'w' and 'e' keys. 

• Murzy

Shift 3                             .

• Katy M

It's above the 3