Allie
Lv 4
Allie asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Do you agree that parents should never fight or argue with their children?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Parents should discipline their kids otherwise kids would sit on their parents' nerves.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Managing conflict is a learned skill, and kids can learn from observing their parents sort out disagreements between them, as well as model apologies and forgiveness.

But that's presuming the parents are settling disagreements in a healthy, productive way, and that the subject being argued is okay for the kids to know about. A couple should not, for example, argue about their sex life in front of kids, or over allegations of cheating, drug or alcohol abuse, or other serious problems that may not be appropriate for a child to be exposed to.

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Present...never fight with the children present.  Arguing with your kids is a part of life.  It is part of a healthy relationship

• 1 month ago

They should be mature enough to discuss a situation at a different time or spot...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Not necessarily, I think knowing how to argue effectively is an important skill and there are going to be times that parents and children disagree. Now, fight as in a knock down, drag out, people getting hurt... no, that's not a family activity. However, allowing children to voice their own opinions and desires and then also expecting them to listen to the parents point of view is called collaborative problem solving and is a great skill to learn. 

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes. Discipline should keep kids in place but when they get older, sensible arguments can be healthy. Fighting however should have no place within a family.

• 1 month ago

My father slap me when I was 10.I agree with you.

• 1 month ago

You have that backwards, children should never fight or argue with their parents. Parents should never let their non-adult children fight and argue with them. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.