? asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

I bought something on Amazon with an old debit card and it went through?

I bought something on Amazon with an old debit card and as I was checking out, I was expecting it to ask me to input my payment information. I didn't realize I had put in an old debit card that I used to have a couple of years ago (I don't shop on Amazon) when I first set up my account. It seems that the payment went through because I didn't get any error message as I wouldn't expected to happen. The item says "Ordered today" and still has to be shipped. Will Amazon decline the item once it realizes (if ever) that the card is no good? I've checked my bank account and no charge has been made.

Update:

Update: Amazon had me "review" my payment option the next day. So I put my new card in and I was charged. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

'ordered today' and the item being paid for are two separate things.

Once they process the payment, the system will reject the card used.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is an automated system, you will most probably get an email saying payment failed.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think you are mistaken.  Their system will not allow what you think happened.

Heck, I have several hundred in gift cards on my account and I am unable to place an order without a valid card on file. My card expired and I had to update it or i could not place even a gift card order.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.