dylan asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Am I wrong for not wanting to fly during covid? ?

My girlfriend is upset because I don’t want to fly with this coronavirus. 

I live with my 90 year old grandmother and don’t want to pass the virus to her if I got sick. 

Only fly if you must. My girlfriend is doing the exact same thing, she wants to go on vacation because she is bored being cooped up. I told her if she want to go on vacation, she can, but if she does, she's not staying with me until this passes. As I'm the breadwinner, she can have fun with that. For some reason some people don't understand risk management.

I dont want to fly because airlines are requiring facemasks and i prefer not suffocating myself, especially over a fake virus

• Kate

You are absolutely right. Good on you.

• Ludwig

That is very sensible of you.   The chances for somebody aged 90 who catches this disease are not good.

Probably means she has to go out and buy some fresh D batteries for her toy.

. You have your reasons and that is valid.

No it would be stressful at the airport an flying with mask on all through it. Heard on YouTube 

• drip

I hope your gf takes precautions and wears a mask. You don’t want her bringing  anything home to your grandmother.

If you don’t have to fly, don’t.  

You are being reasonable. 

Time to look for a new GF

Your girlfriend will need to stop being selfish and understand it's not about her. 

thats up to you, ive flown and didnt catch it