Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 month ago

Is it true that lawn equipment is becoming battery powered? ?

I heard from department store associates that the lawn equipment is eventually all gonna be battery powered and that petrol is phasing out 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

For smaller homers battery is fine.  But larger yards and landscapers need gas.  so no.

• 4 weeks ago

The market is improving for light use homeowners. As a pro i can’t get rid of my gas powered equipment. 

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some is already battery operated, for smaller gardens. I have a battery operated strimmer for my fairly small garden in southern England.   Most people around here have mains electrical (corded) lawnmowers, and there are plenty of battery operated systems in the shops now.

Petrol will still be  needed for very large areas, at least for some years.   Environmentally it is good to reduce the use of petrol as much as possible.

• 1 month ago

More and more, yes.

I have a gas-powered leaf blower, but I just got a battery-powered chainsaw, and it's great - very powerful. 

If I had a ton of work to do with it - i.e. was a professional, I might still lean towards the gas-powered, but for a homeowner, the technology has really progressed. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Almost true. Batteries are more powerful, so battery equipment is more popular. Recently I tried to buy a hedge trimmer from the local supplier. They tried to sell me a battery powered Ego, telling me it is a powerful as petrol. 

I went somewhere else and bought a petrol powered Shindawa instead. 

Batteries are the future for most home owners though. 

• 1 month ago

it might end up being all battery after a while

• 1 month ago

Fossil fuels will never be phased out until we run out.  But I will admit that battery powered lawn equipment has come along way and has earned it's place in the market.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.