Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelIrelandOther - Ireland · 1 month ago

Is the traditional Irish way of eating potato, peeled on the dinner plate while on the fork, still popular?

Update:

I am asking this on Yahoo in Europe so please do not answer if you're a Yank from thousands of miles away who does not know the answer and thinks you are funny

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Some people still do that but they usually peel them on a side plate the size of a saucer

• 1 month ago

Champ is possibly the most  traditional way

• 1 month ago

No. Nowadays they eat raw potatoes out of the ground. All they farm is potatoes. I’m kidding. I ain’t stupid. Donno.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I've never heard of this?? Maybe it is?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Alpha
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Never heard of such Irish traditional way of a eating potato. I think someone was BS'ing you.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nah. These days they just Nuke it and cover it with Irish Whiskey and butter. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I doubt anyone eats potatoes like that - it's certainly not a “traditional Irish way” of eating them.

If potatoes are peeled then they’re peeled in the normal way - not on a dinner plate or while on a for - the'y be held in the hand and peeled with a knife or a potato peeler- they way people do, you know?

The they's be cooked.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I have never done that, so i'm not sure

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.