Katie asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 month ago

Toshiba broken black screen, plays sound and can see picture when flashlight shining on screen?

I bought this TV 2nd hand about 2 months ago and it has been working perfectly fine until yesterday, I was watching TV when the screen suddenly went black. The sound was still playing but there was no picture. When I’ve tried turning it off and back on, sometimes the picture would be there but then most times it will still be black. When it does come on, it now only stays on for about 1 minutes before turning off again. 

I’ve looked online and people have suggested shining a flashlight on the screen which I have done and I can see some picture. 

I’ve attached a picture of the back of the TV with the model. 

If I do need to replace the backlight/LED strips, does anyone know how much it’ll cost please? 

The picture hasn’t uploaded but the TV is a Toshiba LCD colour TV, model 40L1353B. 

I use the TV for the Amazon fire stick and I’ve seen suggestions that the device can effect the back light, but even when I’ve not got it plugged in, the screen is still black..