Should $15 an hour and 40 hours a week of work be a right for Americans?

I don't know as it should be a guaranteed "right", but "promoting the general welfare" is in the constitution, and promoting full employment is part of the Federal Reserve's mission. 

So, I think that working towards adequate, good-paying jobs for all Americans is a worthy goal. 

• Edward

No the minimum is a starting point not a final destination.

Under capitalism, no workers has a right to a job or a particular wage. The market system just doesn’t work that way.

I look at it more as 'Every American should have the right to get the kind of education and training that makes them worth $15 an hour'.

What about those making 15 or 16 Dollars an hour now? You've just put them into the minimum wage bracket. Do you think they'll like that? If a business has to double its wages, what do you think will happen to prices? Will McDonald's have a $20 menu?

No. There's no guarantee of getting a job, but I do think the minimum wage should be tied to the Consumer Price Index.