is Tesla the new future car? is everyone going to be driving electrical vehicles in a few years? why or not?
I passed a few Teslas today and they are so quiet sounding and i dont see any exhaust which means they are totally battery powered? how cool or not?
- 1 month agoFavourite answer
Well, there's a lot to unpack here.
1. YES. Electric vehicles are the future. It will take a long time, perhaps generations, to fully convert (you still see horses and buggies after all, 125 years after the ICB was commercialized). But it's a far superior technology for transport.
2. Personal vehicles will decline. Mass transit will increase, particularly as cities decentralize after the COVID pandemic makes close-quarters living unpopular and unnecessary. Most major cities in the world simply don't have a lot of personal autos. Go to the city center of Paris, Berlin, London, Manhattan, etc and count the personal cars compared to the population. Very few people drive. This trend will accelerate. So the need for personal vehicles, EV or ICB, is on the decline.
This is why all those boneheads paying any price to buy shares in TSLA are not going to like the result. Cybertruck will have it's day, but the personal models just aren't addressing a pressing need in the world. EV, yes. PERSONAL EV? It's a great new solution to yesterday's problem.
- John PLv 71 month ago
In Britain it will be illegal to sell petrol (gas) or diesel cars in 15 years time. There are other brands of electric cars besides Tesla.
- Girlie ElectricsLv 71 month ago
Right now, we own an i3 and a diesel Volvo.
If I were buying electric to replace the diesel, today, I'd probably buy a Polestar.
Not brand loyalty, but Tesla have serious competition coming up.
- HAPPY PUPPY!Lv 71 month ago
No. Its cute. I love driving decent cars :) .
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- kswck2Lv 71 month ago
They have an unproven idea. Will it work out? Time will tell-BUT they have made more progress in the Auto industry than GM and ALL others in the past few years.
- I'm That MexicanLv 61 month ago
I appreciate his ambition. But we are at least 25 years away from most cars on the road being pure electric. The infrastructure is just not there yet.
- FoofaLv 71 month ago
Not as long as Tesla's primary market can't keep the electricity on. I have neighbors with these and no power to charge them. The backlog on ordering generators in California is massive.
- MichaelLv 71 month ago
EVs will continue to become a bigger and bigger portion of the market, but the time until there are not any gas powered vehicles on the road anymore is a long ways off.
- Donnie DoomLv 51 month ago
The lithium in the batteries is too expensive to make electric cars viable.
- ☺Lv 71 month ago
yeah, i feel like an old fart already for driving a gas powered vehicle