Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

is Tesla the new future car? is everyone going to be driving electrical vehicles in a few years? why or not?

I passed a few Teslas today and they are so quiet sounding and i dont see any exhaust which means they are totally battery powered?  how cool or not?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Well, there's a lot to unpack here.

1.  YES.  Electric vehicles are the future.  It will take a long time, perhaps generations, to fully convert (you still see horses and buggies after all, 125 years after the ICB was commercialized).  But it's a far superior technology for transport.

2.  Personal vehicles will decline.  Mass transit will increase, particularly as cities decentralize after the COVID pandemic makes close-quarters living unpopular and unnecessary.  Most major cities in the world simply don't have a lot of personal autos.  Go to the city center of Paris, Berlin, London, Manhattan, etc and count the personal cars compared to the population.  Very few people drive.  This trend will accelerate.  So the need for personal vehicles, EV or ICB, is on the decline.

This is why all those boneheads paying any price to buy shares in TSLA are not going to like the result.  Cybertruck will have it's day, but the personal models just aren't addressing a pressing need in the world.  EV, yes.   PERSONAL EV?  It's a great new solution to yesterday's problem.

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In Britain it will be illegal to sell petrol (gas) or diesel cars in 15 years time.  There are other brands of electric cars besides Tesla.

• 1 month ago

Right now, we own an i3 and a diesel Volvo.

If I were buying electric to replace the diesel, today, I'd probably buy a Polestar. 

Not brand loyalty, but Tesla have serious competition coming up.

• 1 month ago

No. Its cute. I love driving decent cars :) .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They have an unproven idea. Will it work out? Time will tell-BUT they have made more progress in the Auto industry than GM and ALL others in the past few years. 

• 1 month ago

I appreciate his ambition. But we are at least 25 years away from most cars on the road being pure electric. The infrastructure is just not there yet. 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not as long as Tesla's primary market can't keep the electricity on. I have neighbors with these and no power to charge them. The backlog on ordering generators in California is massive. 

• 1 month ago

EVs will continue to become a bigger and bigger portion of the market, but the time until there are not any gas powered vehicles on the road anymore is a long ways off.

• 1 month ago

The lithium in the batteries is too expensive to make electric cars viable.

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

yeah, i feel like an old fart already for driving a gas powered vehicle

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.