Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

how old were you when your parents had the birds and the bees talk with you ?

Mine never did. I had my first real introduction to sex education by watching the PBS science series "Nova"- which in the 1970's aired an episode called "The Miracle of Life: A study of a human embryo from conception to birth". I saw that for the first time when I was 12.

I had it myself on Twitter at about 7

Source(s): No body ever knew I was underaged on there

About 24 or so. I had already spent   4 years in the Navy. It was an odd family.

• edward

Still waiting and i’m 26 with one kid and another on the way

I was nine when my mother told me. I remember thinking that I was never going to get married!

• April

I'd say about 10. Quite honestly I really didn't learn much. All my mom said was not to have sex or pregnancy is guaranteed. Lol.

They actually never did. That stuff was "taboo" in my house really.  The school was the one that taught me as well as society (my peers).

Source(s): 36 year old that grew up in the U.S. school system.

My mom gave me the talk when I was 7 my sister got the talk at 15! So it varies i guess.

Age-never-happened... I learned the basics from my junior Girl Scout's handbook and the rest from my mother's nursing school textbooks. 

• Kerri

I was 15, which seems pretty old, and that only happened because my mother caught me in a "compromising position".  If that hadn't happened she might never have had the talk with me.