Who would agree that celebrities should stay out of politics?

since a lot of them are rich, living in luxury, out of reality and going to lengths to act out fantasies? Maybe we should start listening to whats happening instead of celebrities that will preach anything if paid to do it. Maybe we should also stop listening to media that is funded by political parties and government. Do you think it would be better if political propaganda was left out of our movies and tv shows. Is that not brain washing when our movies and shows have to preach politics in some way. In North Korea they have the people convinced that their dictator "Kim" is the sun. If they stand to close they get burned. if they get to far they freeze. All by cheap speakers on the streets constantly preaching these things. Maybe we should make it a law that good stories need to come back and politics and political correctness needs to go. Leave politics out period. Do you agree?

Movies and shows are for entertainment. not political propaganda. nothing wrong with true life stories however.

Trump was not a politician when he had his reality series

anyone who supports the terrorist acts of BLM is trying to remove freedom

its one thing to protest but to ruin other peoples lives by burning down small businesses and killing people is another. this is what antifa and blm does. that is ruining freedom.  Think a little

yes they are citizens and if they want to sing it in their songs fine. but an organization built on entertaining should not be trying to brain wash kids

They do have a right to express themselves but the moves and tv shows should not push political propaganda 

movies

• 1 week ago

idk man kanye is pretty cool

• 1 week ago

I respect an actor who runs for office. 

I don’t respect an actor mouthing off their ignorant opinion. 

They are entitled to it, but let’s just say I am going out of my way to avoid giving any money to certain actors and directors because of their abhorrent political positions. An illegal download on The Pirate Bay is the most I will give to them. 

• 1 week ago

Politicians and conservatives should stay out of hollywood. Conservatives should stay off liberal owned websites and start their own. Not liberals fault that it takes intelligence to make a website and not faith in an imaginary deity.

• 1 week ago

Absolutely!!! Like a lot of people I have lost respect for Hollywood and pro athletes who use the stage fields and courts for a political platform. They have the right to their opinions as anyone else but I for one don’t like the entitlement. Example..... they are allowed to live behind gates have armed guards and fly around the world because they are stars. I wonder when some of them are going to realize that their careers are pretty much over. I do however find it amusing that their celebrity doesn’t matter that their screaming and fit throwing doesn’t matter 

• 1 week ago

A thriving and healthy democracy must operate with certain premises. One of them is that we lean towards welcoming participation from all citizens, and accept that all citizens have a right to speak.  Its not that necessarily everything citizen is smart or will contribute positive conversations, but its just that we would rather lean towards freedom of speech than lean towards silencing people.  You may not agree with what celebrities have to say, but you should be willing to defend with your life their right to say what they want to say politically.

These are the sorts of honorable values that once were held dearly in the USA that people who are suspected are less educated than they used to be about the American Constitution and are more selfish and greedy about the things they want than they care about the public good are forgetting about and ignoring.

• Al
    1 week ago

I see them as average people at their core, even poor people have liberal views because the system in place puts them in a strange situation of providing for their every need, I've been poor and relied on the system, and today I'm self sustaining in my employment and are doing very well.... I'm much better as a person for not relying on government, Celebrities are in a similar situation also, the media can turn on them if they don't support liberal causes, what has happen is, the networks have weaponized their positions to push propaganda and other narratives.... Even though Ive voted democrat in the past, I did vote for Trump on other grounds outside of his personality, America really is a business in many respects, Democracy is symbolized as something different to everyone, I like our founders idea as a republic better.

• 1 week ago

Blowhards and disruptive individuals  should be kept out of politics by their party, to prevent them from disrupting our advancement and integrity.  The Republican Party has failed the United States. 

• 1 week ago

Tell me if this sounds familiar :

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The should have the freedom like anyone else to share their political views, but they should also not be surprised if people turn on them and boycott their work if they should have a radical point of view. Just like in sports that are dying a slow death due their wokeness that their fans will not support.

Not me. Celebrities are largely self-employed individuals who are in charge of their image which they depend on for their livelihood. Your assertion is un-American. You remind me of the kid throwing a tantrum for Twinkies because someone disagreed w/ you.