My HP printer doesn't work. Can someone help me? ?

Hello.

I tried printing something today and the printer no longer wants to work. 

I clicked on the buttons accidentally, and then I opened the printer. I waited to see if anything happened, and it did not, so I went and chose what PDF I wanted to be printed from my phone. But the printer did not seem to work. It did not even make a sound. So I closed it off and opened it again. Tried again. This time on my phone it showed that the document was printing. So I waited for the printer to start working. And while it did make some noise, nothing happened. I tried closing it again. Waited a bit more. Opened it again. And I decided to open the clasp to see if some paper might have gotten stuck inside, and it did not. While having the clasp open, the thing that pressed ink onto the paper started moving and then got stuck right in the middle. Closed the clasp and I heard it start again. And then nothing. Opened the clasp again and it was moving and "pressing" again. But no paper was pulled to be printed on. I closed the clasp and saw some of the buttons I clicked on accidentally before opening the printer either showing they are on or the link blinking. I clicked on them. And I think the sound started sounding worse. But still nothing happened. Closed the printer and tried to check the paper, make sure it's at the line, that it is not ripped, then I opened the clasp again and a small white band at the back seemed to have gotten loose. 

The printer still doesn't work. Help! 

What if I can't use the computer the driver for the printer is installed on? 

• 1 week ago

You download a driver for the computer you do have!

• Willie

Buy a new one and you'll have no more trouble.

• Turn off the printer and pull off the power source of the printer, wait for 5 minutes. Please check are there any print jobs queue at the printer in devices & printers. Right click the mentioned printer and select 'see what's printing'. If there are print jobs queue, select all the print jobs and delete it. Wait for it to disappear. Finally, turn back on the printer and test print.

Printing from phone...try to restart the phone and test print again..

Hope this can help.

Please leave the white band alone.

• Lv 7

what "buttons" did you accidentally click? on the printer? your computer? what were they for?

and why were you "opening" your printer??? it won't work while it is opened up. it probably thought you wanted to change an ink cartridge.

what does the printer status screen say on the printer? any error lights?

what about in the Devices and Printers list in the Control Panel on the computer? what is the printer's status there?

i think...you really should read your printer's manual. it will tell you what you need to do to properly use the printer.

The "white band" is the flexible wiring connection between the moving printing head and the rest of the printer.  Leave it alone.

Turning off the computer might be possible if you pull the power plug.  Same with the printer.  Then restart everything.

With no clue from you which "HP printer" model, you might try calling HP support for the help you already paid for.

When you "open the clasp" (that might mean open the top lid to me}, the printing head moves to the center section so people can change the ink containers.  That is what it is supposed to do.

delete the printer in your operating system and reinstall it.  then try the windows test print page.  if that works, your remaining problems are in the software [program] that you are trying to print from

@onlooker, I might try but I can't power down the computer. And what do I do about the white band that I mentioned? 

Power down the printer and computer for a minute and then power up and try again.