Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Is 'Beau' a female or male name and do you like it?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Catherine does not know the difference between a noun and an adjective. Beau is a male name and masculine adjective. Belle is the female version and feminine adjective. I like the names Beauregard, Beaufort and Beaumont.

• 1 month ago

i think its more male

• Moya
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Male  name

My uncle named  his son Beau

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The only 'Beau' I can think of is 'Beau Brummel', a high-society man in Britain in the 18th century. He ended up a pauper.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Male name IMO but I don't really like it!

• blank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is a male name and yes I do.

• 1 month ago

It's a male name and I don't like it. It seems weak to me.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The word beau means "a boyfriend or male admirer".  That implies male name, don't you think?  I only know males named Beau.  However, I have seen girls or women named Bo.  Pronounced the same as Beau it is a unisex name.  I don't really care for it.  We had a male dog named Bo once named after a football coach.

• 1 month ago

It's not a name but a noun. It's a masculine noun, literally meaning beautiful. The feminine being belle. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well, it means "handsome man" in French, so... The feminine form of "beau" in French is "belle," making the boys' name Beau and the girls' name Belle. Do I like it? It's okay. It seems to have worked pretty well for Beau Bridges, though he was a lot handsomer when he was younger and, frankly, his brother Jeff Bridges was way, way, way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaay handsomer, like when he filmed Against All Odds, Jeff Bridges was easily in the top 5 handsomest men on the planet, sort of like a blonde Liam Hemsworth but to the power of 10. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjEcIANv1o

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.