Let's say I owe someone a penny. I don't have  any pennies however I could write them a check for $0.01. Is that acceptable?

• L

Borrow the penny from someone else and give to them.  It costs more than a penny to process a penny check.

If they are willing to accept a check, then fine. Many people will only accept checks from a certain amount. <y daughter's shop only accepts it from $100.00.

Technically yes, but I hope the debt is just forgiven.

• danxp2

The person is not required to accept your check. You not having a penny could easily mean you are already overdrawn on your account, or will he by the time the check tires to clear. 

If the person is willing to accept that check, yes it is acceptable.

Sure you can but who wants a penny. I try to get rid of my pennies every chance I get. 

Lets say I have a gun with 2 bullets. Can I shoot you twice when one to the head would suffice?