How do you send an email in the receiver's inbox instead of junk?

My club email for school, we're sending out messages but it keeps going to people's junk mail? How do we prevent that? I tried filtering and changing the email a bit, but it did not work. 

Update:

We are using gmail btw

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

All emails go to the receiver's Inbox if they are not marked as spam by the receiver or flagged by the email provider. You would have to contact the receiver regarding such problem where emails keep getting flagged as junk mail and ask them to check their Junk folder for the emails. They can change the Junk status to, Not Junk. That should resolve the issue.

• 1 month ago

All emails go to the person's inbox.  You can not send them anywhere else.

But each person can set up rules that will move emails from their inbox to the junk folder.  One of the standard rules is any email that has more than XX number of people receiving it.  And that is probably what is blocking most of your sent emails.

Unfortunately those rules are set up by each user, and there is nothing you can do to change them.  The default rules are different for each mail provider and then can be set different by each user of that provider's service.

The simplest thing to try is reducing the number of people you are sending the message to each time.  Do 5 emails with 10 recipients rather than 1 email to 50 recipients.

• 1 month ago

As somebody else says, the Junk classification is down to the person recieving to fix. They can easily set up a filter to ensure the mail ends up in the in-box where it should. Of course the difficult thing will be sending a bulk email to remind them to do this, as a common reason for stuff being junked is it being sent to a large distribution list

• 1 month ago

"Junk" designation is up to the receiver, not the sender.  YOU can't do anything to assure your mail won't be treated as junk.  In fact, when I was a government contractor, I once got e-mail from Microsoft and it was dropped into my Junk Mail slot.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Provided you have a proper Subject line and not too many recipients in the 'TO:' line, this not a matter of how YOU are sending messages, but of how the recipient(s) are receiving them.

Advise all members of your club to put the sending email address into their Contacts List/Address Book app.

• BigE
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Are you both in the same mailing domain?  I mean, if both your emails are @MYSCHOOL.ORG?  And using Google Groups?  If you are using a non-gmail

list server, that is a different story.

There are header markups that can trace why an email is characterized as SPAM or JUNK. You should reach out to your IT admin for mail for the WHOLE domain (not a local tech) that understands mail routing.  They can contact gmail to analyze what is happening or even white list it so it doesn't happen.

Yes, marking it as non-JUNK might work, gmail does "learn" things you put into different tags or you could add a filter.  That works for people already in your group, but you have to get new subscribers to do this.

• 1 month ago

If this is happening to all your recipients, it may be how your email is set up. For example, if your domain name in email does not match the domain from which you're sending, receiving ISPs may assume it's junk prior to delivering to recipients' inboxes. Sometimes including special characters or all caps can also trigger the junk warning to ISPs. The vocabulary used can also cause the junk warning, such as FREE.

• 1 month ago

an email goes to junk when the receiver added that category to spam otherwise it always visible in primary inbox

• 1 month ago

Junk Mail is a feature of the receiver, not the sender.  Something in your email is triggering the junk mail filter at the other end. It could be the fact that you are related to a school activity but using a non .edu address. So, quick answer is to simply ask each of your club members to go into their email, and mark your email address as "Not Spam" or "Not Junk".  That should fix the issue. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.