I have a docking station and it doesn't have an HDMI port to connect my HP monitor?

Hello, I have docking station for my laptop. I am having some trouble getting my monitor connected to my docking station. I did not receive a VGA cord, just an HDMI cord, and the docking station does not have an HDMI port, only display port 1.2. Please help.

• opurt

Either get a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and use the existing cable, or get a DisplayPort to HDMI cable and use it instead. Either way, make sure the cable supports the resolution of your monitor -- some of the cheaper ones only work up to 1080p which is perfectly fine if that's what your monitor's resolution is, but you might need a better one if you've got an ultrawide-screen or 4K monitor.

You would need to purchase a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. You would then plug your HDMI cable into the adapter and the other end to the monitor and it will work.

Get a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter--not expensive.  Search Internet or call a source near you, wherever that is.

Here is one:  https://www.amazon.com/Moread-DisplayPort-Gold-Pla...