Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 month ago

Seeing roaches everywhere all the sudden?

I live in apartment with **** roach problem. so i called the landlord and they sent an exterminator. I've been keeping up with cleaning, making sure i dry up sinks including toilets. All food is sealed in a containers . I immediately sweep and mop after eating but then all the sudden i' seeing them everywhere despite keeping up with cleaning

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The apartments, as in all apartments must be treated to effectively get the roach infestation under control.

Take photos showing the problem has not been resolved.

My sister suddenly had the same issue. Mind you, she is a clean freak as her apartment and kitchen is absolutely spotless. She found out the neighbor upstairs had roaches, too, but did not tell the landlord. So they BOTH complained and the problem was solved. I know another person who threatened to call the health dept if the roaches were not exterminated! But, that is a last resort.

• 1 month ago

Look online for a recipe to make your own Roach Balls, using Borax. They can't resist it and it really worked for me in getting rid of them forever.

• 1 month ago

nice little creepy insects and no danger

• 1 month ago

probably one of your neighbors treated their apt for roaches and they've moved into your place...after cleaning--start a spraying and leaving borax and sealing all holes--even light switches and outlet covers can let them through! definitely use foam insulation around your kitchen pipes and bathroom pipes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Be sure to cover all sink and tub drains when not in use. Bugs can enter the home through drainpipes. Pour baking soda, white vinegar, and boiling water down drains once a week to keep them clean. Diatomaceous earth (food grade) sprinkled at doorway entry can prevent them from entering through openings. Seal any openings you can, and weatherstrip doors, as they can squeeze through small spaces. Keep a can of Raid nearby as it can eliminate them from a distance. Place whole bay leaves in food cupboards to deter bugs.

• 1 month ago

It's unfortunate, but this happens a lot. Keep up with your cleaning routines, and make sure you have your food covered--sometimes after extermination, the roaches start looking for other places to nest, other than where they have been--so kill all you see. Don't let them breed. Wipe up any egg cases you find (look in the backs of drawers) and make sure the area under your sink is free of bugs--and sealed or sprayed if there are any holes. You can repel them with bay leaves sprinkled around the cupboards, and borax. Clean under the stove and fridge, too. 

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

apartment with roaches means the entire building must be treated, the source of the infestation must be found and dealt with. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

An exterminator only provides extremely limited relief unless the WHOLE BUILDING is done at the same time or the roaches will just move between apartments.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Won't do any good.  They are your neighbor's roaches.

• 1 month ago

American c-ckroaches eat wood and dead leaves.  There's not much you can do about that except spray the landscaping and tent the buildings.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.