Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 month ago

Where can I get hot water for free? ?

I’m currently homeless and live out of my car. I carry a large vacuum insulated bottle which I use to store hot water. I use this hot water to shower outside. I’ve been trying to find public locations that run hot water in their bathrooms so I can fill up my bottles. I tried a Walmart, but they only ran cold water. Where can I get hot water for free? 

Can you easily find electrical outlets?  Get yourself something called an "Immersion heater" and a metal thermos bottle or container. The immersion heater is like a little coil that you dunk into water to heat it up--you can then pull cold water and heat your own hot or warm water. Don't use it in a plastic bottle--only a thermos or metal container. 

Surely would give you some, and some advice

I would say a gym or church 

• Rick

a volcano ......................................?

• Tara

I know this is not a specific answer .. but in your area where you live you will need to try every available bathroom until you find the ones that offer hot water .. like restaurants , etc.   Also - consider building a fire in a location where it is ok to do that - and heat your water.

If you have any income, perhaps join the YMCA or YWCA.  I know there were people at my gym that were enrolled just so they could take a shower and get some water. 

We have a few community centers with exercise areas that have free showers, I would try to find something like that

• kswck2

Try your local Fire Department. 

This might be something you would like to know for a nominal fee their are truck stops you can shower and shave and many food charities let you do laundry and shower too. The tough part for you might be finding these places so keep trying.

Commercial coffee machines in gas stations and convenience stores often have hot water dispensers built into them. Nobody I know charges for hot water.  Of course, it is very hot so you can either add cool water if you want to use it right away or just save it to use a few hours later.