Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

Have I got Alzheimer's ?

A few minutes ago I was looking for my left sock, putting my tennis shoes on, and found it on my foot. I had already put it on.

Last week I was looking everywhere for my keys and I had them in my hand the whole time.

Disclosure:  I'll be 70 on my next birthday and no I was not stoned while looking for sock. 

There are some good answers, most of them are very good   I won't forget to choose one as favorite this week,  but it will be very difficult to choose.  I wish we still had the comment feature.  

@old.timer and the anonymous who mentioned finding glass on head,  I was driving home from store this weekend and thought I left my sunglass at the register.  I was getting ready to turn around and go back, except when I looked in the rearview mirror I caught a glance of myself wearing them over my eyes.

@Janet, I didn't get lost on my way home.  

I was just taking the long way home.  I tell myself I'm not lost, I'm just sightseeing ;) 

I often think that my mind is going and it worries me quite a lot.  My family says that it is just normal aging but I've heard that they are discussing my bad memory amongst themselves so I realise that they are equally worried but don't want me to know that.  I say things several times because I forget I've already said it.  I forget appointments, sometimes forget that I should have eaten hours ago and lose things so very often I feel like crying some days.  I worry how much worse it will become before I die or my family decides that I need carers.  I'd hate that. My mother was not well treated by some of her carers and it cost her a fortune to have them come to her home 4 times each day.

No. Its perfectly fine 🙂 .

Take Care.

Thanks.

Only if it is repeating and interfering with living.  Maybe you were distracted.

If you are truly concerned, reach out to your primary care physician and see about getting some testing done. Something else to consider: are you under a great deal of stress lately? That can interfere with memory as well. 

its possible,

Maybe early dementia?

maybe you do and maybe you do not . sometimes I would walk into a room and forget what I went into that room for, then I remember

I'd like to answer your question, but I keep forgetting what it was.

• Snid

Being forgetful.absentminded or neglectful doesn't mean you have Alzheimer's.  It means you're human.  If you are concerned see you doctor.

No, cuz if you did you wouldn't be typing this question or be on Y/A

Well, if you do, I do too.  Welcome to the club.