Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

Have I got Alzheimer's ?

A few minutes ago I was looking for my left sock, putting my tennis shoes on, and found it on my foot. I had already put it on.

Last week I was looking everywhere for my keys and I had them in my hand the whole time.

Update:

Disclosure:  I'll be 70 on my next birthday and no I was not stoned while looking for sock. 

Update 2:

There are some good answers, most of them are very good   I won't forget to choose one as favorite this week,  but it will be very difficult to choose.  I wish we still had the comment feature.  

Update 3:

@old.timer and the anonymous who mentioned finding glass on head,  I was driving home from store this weekend and thought I left my sunglass at the register.  I was getting ready to turn around and go back, except when I looked in the rearview mirror I caught a glance of myself wearing them over my eyes.

Update 4:

@Janet, I didn't get lost on my way home.  

I was just taking the long way home.  I tell myself I'm not lost, I'm just sightseeing ;) 

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I often think that my mind is going and it worries me quite a lot.  My family says that it is just normal aging but I've heard that they are discussing my bad memory amongst themselves so I realise that they are equally worried but don't want me to know that.  I say things several times because I forget I've already said it.  I forget appointments, sometimes forget that I should have eaten hours ago and lose things so very often I feel like crying some days.  I worry how much worse it will become before I die or my family decides that I need carers.  I'd hate that. My mother was not well treated by some of her carers and it cost her a fortune to have them come to her home 4 times each day.

• 1 month ago

No. Its perfectly fine 🙂 .

Take Care.

Thanks.

• 1 month ago

Only if it is repeating and interfering with living.  Maybe you were distracted.

• 1 month ago

If you are truly concerned, reach out to your primary care physician and see about getting some testing done. Something else to consider: are you under a great deal of stress lately? That can interfere with memory as well. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

its possible,

Maybe early dementia?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

maybe you do and maybe you do not . sometimes I would walk into a room and forget what I went into that room for, then I remember

• 1 month ago

I'd like to answer your question, but I keep forgetting what it was.

• Snid
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Being forgetful.absentminded or neglectful doesn't mean you have Alzheimer's.  It means you're human.  If you are concerned see you doctor.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, cuz if you did you wouldn't be typing this question or be on Y/A

• 2 months ago

Well, if you do, I do too.  Welcome to the club. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.