?
Lv 4
? asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 month ago

I uninstalled McAfee security and now use only Windows Defender which says no threats are found every time I do a scan, is it trustworthy?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Windows Defender on Win 7 was not the greatest. Win 10 has taken protection seriously.  Windows 10 Security (built-in) is on a par w/ some third party vendors.

• 1 month ago

While I agree that Microsoft worked long and hard on Defender, many folks would say that McAfee was the superior security product.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, it is a great antivirus. It is created by Microsoft and you do not use a 3rd party. It is going to say no threats are found 100% of the time unless you are going to bad infected sites.

• Enigma
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

no it is not a trusted av

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

no it's just a basic program try comodo , avast or avira for completely free antivirus programs although good avira has too many nags

• 1 month ago

David, can you provide current evidence of this? 

• 1 month ago

No. It is a satisfactory product, but it always ranks low in comparisons with other antivirus products. It's better than nothing, but there are superior products.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.