Why does my tattoo sometimes raise up and itch?

i've had a roman numeral tattoo on my ribs for a few years now. Sometimes parts of the lettering raises up like a spot and itches? 

Havnt noticed it being related to any particular weather or anything else i can think. 

Is it an allergy to the ink?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Your skin can still be sensitive due to the ink inside it. Things like allergies can do this but for most it's either a toiletry product - deodorant, soap, shower gel or your washing powder/liquid that's dries it up and this ends up with bumps and itching. 

You gotta pay attention when it happens, what have you used and then see if it happens again to figure out the culprit. 

Use products for sensitive skin, keep it moisturised and take a antihistamine it's nothing serious. 

• 1 month ago

due to some sensitive skin 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's probably not a true allergy, but a sensitivity to some element in the ink-- a pigment, mineral, preservative, etc. It's likely flaring up after exposure to sunlight, chlorine, humidity, salt from perspiration, etc... sort of a 'perfect storm' combination that's causing inflammation only occasionally.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no.......................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Una
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Yes, especially if you have red ink.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.